Hello all the art lovers !! Every household needs a basket whether to put fruits on the table or decorative flowers. A bigger basket can also be used for keeping your kids’ toys. Why to buy one from the market if you can make a beautiful basket yourself using only straws !! Yes, nothing more, just some used straws will do.Its simple,easy yet elegant. So throw out your old baskets and make a new one that is best out of waste !!
Take a quick look at the materials before getting started:
- Drinking straws
- A pair of scissors
- Binder clips
Just follow these simple steps and give yourself a lovely gift !!
1) Take some drinking straws and cut it in half as shown below. Take 2 straw pieces, fold it and entangle it in each other as shown.
2) Take 2 more straws and interweave it with previously made pattern so that it form a square in the middle.
3) Make another set in the same way as above but instead of one straw use the pattern we already made like below. The resulting piece will be of 7 straws.
4) Just push every straw so that there is no gap in the square to make it more tight. As shown below you might have reached the end of one straw so just fold it and use some glue to secure the ends.
5) Continue doing the same way at the open ends of the straw.
6) Remember to secure the ends of the straw when its length is fully utilized or there will be open ends in your basket leading to difficulty as you progress further.
7) Use binder clips to prevent your straws to loose.
8) The process we are doing is for the base of the basket so continue doing it till the size you require and one you are done just fold the straws upward to do the sides.
9) Once your are done the basket will look as shown below with the ends of the straws coming out.
10) Cut the straws if it appears longer, fold the ends, apply glue and secure the ends.
11) You are now ready with your beautiful basket !!
Other Daily Stuffs Using Drinking Straws !!
You can try different shapes as you need and use colorful straws to make it even more attractive. I hope you like it 🙂
Please do comment and send your suggestions and ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org